If traveling is something that you love doing, then you can understand that nothing can replace the pleasure that one can get from traveling. But your travel can turn into a complete nuisance if your luggage is too overweight.
This article explains you the best packing tips for travel and ensures that your luggage doesn’t go overweight. It also saves your money because most airlines charge for extra payment when your luggage is above the prescribed weight.
Mostly people look for ideas for reducing the amount of weight of their luggage. Well, it’s quite difficult to remove the things from the luggage bag that you already made up your mind to take with you. But concerning the weight of your luggage, pack only the essential things. If you need something then perhaps you can buy from your trip.
May it be a weekend program for a city break or a 2-week beach holiday trip; you need to stress-free yourself before packing your stuff.
Avoid carrying a bundle of regular clothes with you. It’s not difficult at all to find clothes or an umbrella anywhere. There is no need to pack sweaters if you are traveling to Thailand. Instead, a light jacket can work for you. The more you travel, the more you realize that it is unnecessary to carry a lot of things.
Items to be on the packing list:
- Clothes and footwear:
- 5-6 clothing and undergarments are enough for a week traveling. After using get it washed.
- Swimwear is a must.
- Any two pairs of shoes from sneakers, formal shoes, and flip flops.
- A pair of sunglasses and warm clothes depending on the climate conditions.
- A pair of toothbrush and toothpaste (you don’t need to carry a big one, a small tube will be enough for a week )
- Shampoo and conditioner ( small bottles)
- Hand sanitizer is a must.
- Sanitary hygiene or a shaving kit.
- Important medicines:
- Eye drops.
- Doctor-prescribed antibiotics.
- Eye drops.
- Antibacterial cream.
- Travelling accessories:
- Your laptop.
- Your mobile phone.
- Your camera.
- Power adapter.
- Power bank.
- Money and documents:
- Air tickets.
- Credit cards and some cash.
- Get a weighing scale: weigh your luggage before heading to the airport to avoid extra luggage fees. If you are too close to the limitations, then consider wearing some heavier clothes like sweaters, jackets or shoes.
- Purchase a lightweight suitcase:
Getting all the expensive designer suitcases will not get you profitable. These bags tend to be of the heavyweight and also threatening from the thieves roaming around. A hard-shell suitcase can add extra 4-5 kilos to your luggage. Buy a cheaper convenient, lightweight suitcase.